Thursday, February 23, 2012

Paul's Korean Adventure, part 4

Paul is still in Korea, and we are still missing him lots! Here is his record for today.


- Catherine

This morning I got up again at 5am so I could get showered, changed into uniform, and to and from breakfast in time to Skype Cath and the kids before going into the office.  I really like this schedule because I beat the rush to the showers and dining facility, and there isn't really any competition for wifi bandwidth in the mornings, so we can get a really clear and fast connection for Skype...I also think the time works out well for Cath and the kids.  So, unless I hear any objections from the family back home, I'll stick with this schedule throughout the duration of my time out here.

So, remember how a few days ago I experienced the scary driver watching TV and talking on his cell phone?  Well, I now believe that watching TV while you're supposed to be driving is a "thing" here, because on the ride back from the dining facility to Tent City this morning, a different bus driver was also watching TV while he was supposed to be driving.



My day in the office was pretty uneventful...mostly cleaning and training for the things we'll be doing during the exercise..  We opened up the vault where we're supposed to keep classified stuff, and because it was decommissioned awhile ago when the locks broke and they had to grind a hole in the concrete walls, there was a layer of concrete dust on everything; so, we had to clean it.  We also cleaned up the computer storage folders I'll own if I take over the job out here, but that's a different kind of cleaning. 

My Korean sign for today is suitable for talking about going into a vault.



I also have another sign photo, but since this one doesn't have any English words on it, we'll just have to guess at what it says until we learn the Hangul symbols.



Well, goodnight for now...maybe tomorrow will be more interesting to blog about.

Paul

No comments: